HOW TO GET YOUR REQUIRED TRAINING
1. Determine Your Requirements
All personnel are required to take department-specific Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and building-specific Building Emergency Plan (BEP) training. Other training related to workplace, department and/or job tasks may also be required. Follow the steps below to determine your required training:
- Go to the Building Emergency Plan (BEP) Online Information page to see your department and building Information and to find out who your Department Safety Coordinator (DSC) is. Then, contact your DSC to find out how your department's IIPP/BEP training is delivered.
- Consult with your supervisor and DSC for other training required by your specific workplace and department.
- Visit the Required Safety and Compliance Training for Researchers website to determine what is generally required related to job tasks.
2. Access Training
Both IIPP and BEP training are typically offered by Department Safety Coordinators. EH&S offers a generalized online IIPP/BEP training entitled "Workplace Health and Safety Programs Awareness" that can be accessed through the UC Learning Center. Note, that if you choose the EH&S online option, you must also follow up with your DSC to get your specific and required departmental and building information.
Other EH&S training is delivered through the UC Learning Center or by request. Automatic access to the UC Learning Center is granted to employees, registered students, and others with CalNet IDs and social security numbers.
Once granted access to the UC Learning Center, you may register for and take EH&S and other campus training by following the steps below:
- To access workplace or department specific training, consult with your supervisor or Department Safety Coordinator (DSC).
- For in-person EH&S delivered training, visit the EH&S Training and Event Calendar and follow the instructions for registration.
- For EH&S online and other campus training, log in using the UC Learning Center link, then search for course titles using the search feature.
3. Get Help