Environment, Health & Safety recharges for the following services:
1. Hazardous Materials – Chemical or Hazardous Waste Pick-ups
2. Fire Construction – Inspection, plan review, acceptance testing, EN-11, etc.
3. Fire & Life Safety – Inspection, evacuation drills and training.
4. Radiation Safety/Construction – Upon RUA approval, periodic surveys are conducted to assure compliance. Decommissioning, instrument calibration, dosimetry and other services are recharge activities.
5. Sanitation/Pools – Inspect pools and food facilities, permit issuance, chlorination testing.
Note: Services will not be rendered unless a valid and billable chart string has been established. Billing occurs after services are provided in compliance with campus recharge timelines.
To open an account for Environment, Health & Safety Recharge Services, see instructions below.
From the "Recharge Accounts" button below:
* You can view, modify, add, or inactivate BFS recharge accounts you have authorized EH&S to use.
* You can view, modify, add, or inactivate projects associated with the recharge accounts.
* You can view Invoices for recharges sent to the General Ledger for services associated with the accounts and projects.
*You will need a CalNet ID to access these services. To activate your CalNet ID, go to https://calnet.berkeley.edu/
(The CalNet System is a unified authentication and directory service for UC Berkeley. It allows campus units to securely identify online clients and properly control who has access to applications and resources. You can use the same CalNet ID to access all the services below and many other UC Berkeley online services. To view other services, go the web page CalNet Applications.)
Please note that the recharge system has been revised, effective September 1, 2011. For current clients, it will have a new look and has improved features.
To view and modify your current EHS recharge accounts or view monthly invoices, click the "Recharge Accounts" link.
1) Select the recharge service category from the list above.
2) Use the link above to open account OR download the Portable Document Format (PDF) file to a computer desktop or open in a web browser.
3) Complete all of the information on the form. For additional instructions,double click on the question marks on the PDF.
4) Print one copy to sign and send to EH&S and print one copy to keep for your records.
5) Fax or mail the completed Recharge Authorization Form to the Office of Environment, Health & Safety.
FAX number: 643-7595
Campus Address: EH&S, University Hall, Room 317, MC 1150
3. Fire and Life Safety