How do I register my new laser?
Laser Use Authorization Procedure
All Class 3B or 4 lasers systems are required to be registered. If you are unsure of your status, please contact Eddie Ciprazo, campus laser safety officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 643-9243. Laser pointers, Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3R are exempt from this requirement.
Obtaining an LUA
- Please submit a Laser Use Authorization (LUA) application to the Laser Safety Officer (LSO).
- The LSO will review the application and inform the applicant of the safety requirements under the specific LUA.
- The LUA is then signed by the LSO and the Chair of the Laser Safety Committee (LSC).
- All users of the laser, including the PI, are required to be trained.
- Whenever there are changes to the authorized user list, the LSO must be notified.
- If the laser is moved or changes are made to how it is used, the LSO must be notified.