Below are excellent resources for Building Coordinators, Resident Assistants, Resident Directors, and other students to use for bulletin boards, fire prevention information, and other projects:
The following fact sheets are from “Living with Fire” a national website developed for campus and student fire safety, they provide basic information about how fire hazards can cause a fire, and how fire suppression systems function.
- Alcohol & Fire Safety (PDF)
- Bulletin Boards in Corridors of Campus Buildings (PDF)
- Candles (PDF)
- Fire Extinguishers (PDF)
- Fire Safety 101 (PDF)
- Smoking & Fire Safety (PDF)
- Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems (PDF)
- Automatic Fire Alarm Systems (PDF)
- Building Fire Safety Features (PDF)
Campus Fire Safety Sites:
- Campus Fire Watch – an electronic newsletter focusing exclusively on campus fire safety.
- Living with Fire – a website building by the U.S. Fire Administration focused on campus and student fire safety.
- U.S. Fire Administration – The national Fire Administration website, contains various information on all aspects of fire and life safety.
- U.S. Fire Administration Training & Education – A portion of the national Fire Administration site that includes the National Fire Academy’s website as well as resources for educators and parents.